- How much does it cost to attend the course?
It is $60.00 per one-hour driving session. We have updated our service price since December 2019. Part of our sustainability plan is to be able to rely on the paid lessons for operational costs and allocate most donations and funding for the training of new driving instructors and improve our services.
- Are your services for free?
Only the scheduled NZ rode code workshops. We can assist in finding possible subsidy for practical driving lessons, particularly for learners with a refugee background. If you require support, please contact Amie on 022 473 0284 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If I paid for a driving lesson but didn’t turn up, can I get a refund?
If you can’t attend a driving lesson that you’ve booked, you need to give 48 hours notice (2 business days) via text to 022 473 0284. There is no refund if you fail to do this. Effective June 1, 2020, we will be charging a late cancellation fee of $20 for bookings that are rescheduled to cover for the instructor’s original time. Please check the announcement and your inbox for COVID-19 lockdown affected bookings.
- I don’t have a licence yet, can I still attend the practical driving lesson? No, you have to sort out first your NZ learner driver licence. Go to the NZTA website for more information.
- I don’t have a car, do you provide a practice car?
Yes, we have dual-control automatic transmission cars available, click here to go to the booking page.
- Where do I go once I’ve booked my driving lessons?
You will receive an email confirming your booking. Driving lessons start and finish at:
Migrant Action Trust
766 Sandringham Road Extn.
Alight right in front with bus route 24B. Four – 15 mins walk from nearest stops of Route 670 and 24R. Plan your journey ahead of time using Google or the AT Journey Planner.
- Are you able to pick me up from home if I’m unable to get there for a good reason?
We can pick up those who live within 5km radius from Migrant Action Trust, but it will be taken off from the lesson time, including the duration of going back to base.
- Could you help me book my test?
Yes, we can. Put this in the notes section of the booking page when you’re ready to book.
- Do you offer language support?
Yes, our volunteer mentors speak a range of different languages.
- Can I sit my licence test through PCDS without attending the course?
No. If you want to opt-out from the programme, you will need to book directly through a testing station, click here to find out more information.
- How do I become a Volunteer Mentor?
If you have held a clean Class 1 full licence for at least two years, you can sign up to be a driver mentor. Then you need to undergo training on effective mentoring and be police checked. Email email@example.com your expression of interest to join our team of volunteer mentors.